giving the lie to Dyson

The average lifetime is about 80 years. If one had required paper bags over that 80 years....

Guess at 1 bag per month, 5 bags per pack, so £9.50 + bus fare + 90 minutes. That,s per annum: 2.4 packs = £22.80 in bags ?? bus fare

216 minutes Per 80 years that's £1,824 on bags 192 bus rides at £whatever each 17,280 minutes or 288 hours.

If someone wants to pay that in paper bags per lifetime, that's their choice. I don't see the point.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Do you make individual trips for everything you buy? Ever heard of buying in bulk, even internet shopping, free delivery, ....

Reply to
Brian Reay

But I very much doubt I'd buy such bags for 80 years. I never bought any until after I left home and I was nearly 30 before I bought my own 'hoover' bags for the elctolux standup I had.

People do worse and more pointless things IMO.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You must be Farage. Suddenly, a fridge becomes a freezer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps I need to state the b----ing obvious for you. Circumstances vary, so you can tweak those figures to suit your situation, if you care enough to do so. But however you slice it, it's gonna cost way more in bags than it ever cost for the vacs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

are you another one that can't use that as a trivially simple guide to estimate what going bagged costs you?

Yes. Like responding to stupid posts.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

According to Wikipedia, air watts is used only used in connection with vacuum cleaners. Each manufscturer uses a different formula but in all cases air watts are always less than electical watts consumed. The article gives an equivalent value almost equal to 1. So the Miele must have a motor consuming at least 1.1kW! On the Miele site they all seem to be 890W max.

Reply to
Dave W

Mine is 2000W. Seldom run at that though, usually at minimum so about 600W.

My sebo is 1400W IIRC.

My Bosch GAS25 is 1200W I think.

All of them out perform a VAX.

The sebo is the oldest at about 10 years, its had new brushes on the roller but that's all.

Reply to
dennis

Nothing useful to contribute, as usual I see.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I've no idea what Farage thinks, and I don't really care.

No they don't use fridges to keep food warm. Like everyone else they use fridges to keep food cold. Everybody lives in modern houses with running water, electricity, heating (boiler or forced air furnace), TV, Internet and all the other things you would expect to find. Nobody lives in igloos any more.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No I can't because it is so trivially simple .

Does anyone here have the same vacuum cleaner for 80 years ?

It's so trivially simple it's wrong. And it also depends on the bag, my bagged cleaner seemed good at the time, trouble was it had a stupid bag system, so you could reuse the bags. It had a bit of plastic binder that kept the ends of the bag together, you slide this out to realese the dust, trouble was after a year or two the plastic never held the ends of the paper together, so the dirt filled the machine rather than the bag. As the bags were reusable they were more expensive than other machines disposable bags, but they were still crap at holding dust. And this was the main reason I wanted a bag free cleaner.

Ws yours a stupid post then ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

I?m pretty sure we tried a cloth, washable, bag in the Henry but it was too much faff.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Reply to
tabbypurr