Gas tumble dryer - White Knight BG44AW

Thinking of buying a White Knight BG44AW gas tumble dryer. Anyone any experience of these? It's the high powered one with the 1 hour drying time, and one of their suppliers -

- says "they have a slightly higher noise level due to their increased fan speed" ... wondering how much is "slightly".

As a matter of interest these appliances look as if they're push-in/stand-in place rather than fixed in like an integrated appliance, so wondering how the gas and flue connections are made, and especially whether it protects against running with the flue not properly connected (being aware how easy it is for tumble drier vents to come adrift behind the machine).

Reply to
John Stumbles

fan

Don't know about gas tumble driers but the gas water heater in the office here for tea and coffee was so unreliable we changed it to an electric one. Result no problems. Better still if you have the space build a conservatory and use a washing line on even a slightly sunny day the conservatory soon heats up and dries the washing while you are away at work.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

Our White Knight gas tumble air dryer is probably the best household appliance we've ever bought. It was bought in January 1990 and since then has needed two stats & one gas solenoid (not the valve). Both were easy DIY replacements. This happened in the first 3-4 years of ownership whilst it was "running in" and nothing has gone wrong since. It's probably used on average once per day so that's a lot of drying over the 18 years. Can't say I find it unduely noisy but ours isn't the high powered one.

Ours has no "flue" as such, it just exhausts like any ordinary tumble dryer through the usual floppy hose. As far as running with the "flue" disconnected, I don't suppose it's any more dangerous that a gas hob without the extractor fan on.

The gas connection on ours is the standard gas cooker quick release bayonet type.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I have had my Bg 44 AW GAS TUMBLE DRIER for many years now probably more than

10 years. It has been FANTASTIC! It is getting old now but if it needs to be replaced I will definitely try to purchase the same model as a replacement. Mine is a stand alone, not integrated appliance but it sits in a large space behind cupboard doors. It requires at least 25 ml space top and sides and the skiting needs to be fully vented with no air obstruction. My gas supply goes uner the floor and up the wall inside the cupboard and connects via a standard flexible gas hose and simple click connector. It MUST. only be fitted by a Corgi registered fitter. The vent at the back is by a flexible tumble drier hose out through the wall covered by a flap which opens when the vent air pushes against it. I can't say I have noticed it being noisy certainly not enough to annoy me when I am working in the kitchen. There are two setting high and low - on high I can dry a full load of large cotton terry towels in approx 30 mins. Which is phenomenal.

I have never had the issue of the vent hose not being properly connected so cannot comment on your last question.

In summary we love this machine which outstrips any other type of drier we have ever had. We make sure it is checked annually by British Gas And we ensure the filter is cleaned after each load.

Reply to
Mary Mair

I suspect that in the 6 years since John asked, he's already made his decision.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+