Tumble dryer - vent kit/indoor condensor vs condensor tumble dryer?

Hi All

My oldish - well 6 yrs old White Knight CL 767 condensor tumble dryer has failed. Looks like the heat exchanger is no longer working and am getting water out through the rear. Pulled it out, cleaned all fluff from it, and at the same time cleaned all vents. Pulled off rear. Checked internal seals - all look ok around the heat exchnager. Re-fitted but stil some water coming out from rear. Found this out last night as there was 5mm of surface water in the utility room at rear of tumble dryer - only saw it when pulled out dryer.Currently lino has been ripped up and floor drying out nicely.

Anyway - I am either considering trying to get anyother heat exchanger to see if its that or even the seals, otherwise I am looking at a new tumble dryer.

Now, the question is, condensor vs vent type.

The current tumble dryer is not against a outside wall but I can run a pipe at its rear and put in a hole in the wall if necessary. Will be fiddly but doable. Or should I go for another condensor tumble dryer.

For a non condensor tumble dryer I was looking at White Knight 84AW as its got the better energy consumption vs cost.

Thoughts?

Scott

Reply to
Scott