Garage doors

use an inferior product and risk upsetting his customer. He uses a more ex pensive product in an effort to offer best service rather than risk his rep utation.

For this DIYer the opposite most certainly is not true. I value my time too much for that, On the basis that I am saving others labour costs I will us e the best material I think suit the job. No DIYer worth his salt ois going to use cheap materials unless he wants a cheap job.

The choice of the phrase is irrelevant to the poing I am making'

This is the FIRST time you have made any mention of filling anything, a mo st essential step when using ply.

What ? You don't recall the details? You've just given precise details of t he alleged process but you now appear to have left out the most essential s tep.

had a little bet that you would come back with some fairy tale about the fa bulous finish you used and the enormous quantity of signs you made,and you just couldn't resist, though the free materials was a nice touch.

I think you just kept embellishing your story in an effort to confer verisi militude but have only succeeded in painting yourself into a corner.

REE ply. Funny I didn't see you pointing out these two very pertinent facts to the o.p....

The O.P. was seeking advice. I advised him not to use wbp as it will not wi thstand Your answer was to completely ignore the most important point of hi s query, the cutting of grooves, apparently showing your ignorance of the s trength and weaknesses of the material in hand and to offer what I conside red to be erroneous advice, the use of WBP in an oustside environment.

You flatter yourself. I couldn't care less about you disagreeing with me.

Au contraire you have got very verbose embellishing in an effort to prove y ou're correctness.

Your arrogance in offering your experience as being superior to that of a p rofessional sign writer is breathtaking.

Your assumption that the sign writer just wouldn't take the time to paint i t right beggars belief.

Your refusal to acknowledge that contrary to your initial advice wbp might not be the best solution.

Your lack of understanding the weaknesses of plywood and best methods used to overcome this weakness, the addition of edging materials.

What it boils down to is your belief that you know better than anyone else and well dare anyone contradict you.

Reply to
fred

Wow - I never imagined I would stir up a controversy with this one: I was just trying to devise a way to make these doors a little lighter and more rigid.

Looks like I'll have to revert to plan A then and use mdf ;-)

Reply to
GMM