funeral arrangements ( DIY) possibly off topic

GB laid this down on his screen :

I fancy the NHS has leaned on local surgeries, to run more F2F appoinments. I wanted a phone appointment last wekk, but none available for weeks - I had to settle for a next day F2F.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Typical of large institutions and governments - in trying to solve the lack of f2f appointments, they effectively remove the option of phone appointments, forcing people who work to take half a day or more (depending upon commute time and appointment time) off, for a few minutes to discuss getting a referral elsewhere!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Can he bury you under your bridge?

Reply to
ARW

I hae=da F2F booked about a month ago, I was run the day before saying it would be a phone call since the doctor was self isolating.

Reply to
charles

I'm going by what the funeral director told me when arranging for my late partner's funeral and before we found that her will said she wanted to be cremated.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I was once half way through a complicated property transaction when the other party's solicitor suddenly died. We had to start from scratch.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's true that medication or CBT cannot put your life right, but they can help you cope with its defects.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Please do explain why.

Reply to
Fredxx

It's different tho with an executor. Not sure what happens when the executor dies and is no longer able to be the executor.

Not sure what happens fees wise if say you specify that another solicitor if the first executor dies, whether you have to pay both up front when making out the will.

Reply to
Jock

You can't specify what the husband's share of the estate gets spent on.

Reply to
Jock

Academic anyway given that he wants to spend less on the what happens to the body than she does and wants what is essentially instesticce with the distribution of the estate which means he get the lot apart from some other things the estate pays for.

Reply to
Jock

Quite, the issue is about the wife's share. Where there is a dispute the amount the hubby could ever claim is half the estate or along the lines as if they had divorced.

That still doesn't mean that her share going to him can't be conditional on her being buried. So such a Will can be enforceable.

Reply to
Fredxx

That is not what Owan said.

There is no dispute given that she wants intestacy on the distribution.

There is no claim given that she wants intestacy on the distribution.

That isnt what intestacy delivers.

She said she wants intestacy, not a specification of who gets what.

Reply to
Jock

It is not appropriate for my situation. I am not suffering from a mental illness/ health issue. CBT will not change the fact my OH wants to burn me when I want to be buried. Or are you suggesting I ask a therapist to change my thinking patterns to accept my OH's point of view?

CBT can only change the thinking patterns of those who under go it. It cannot change a situation.

Reply to
aprilswee...

Buy one of those pre-paid plans and pay for it.

Nothing will be saved if your wishes aren?t followed.

Reply to
Brian

Some do provide a rebate if the surviving spouse goes for a cheaper option like a cremation with no ceremony.

Reply to
Jock

Are you sure he's not just saying that he would dispose of you as cheaply as possible because he knows it will wind you up?

Reply to
Peter Johnson

A lot of people have requested that their ashes are sprinkled around their favourite hilltop/mountain top views. This has caused some issues with the local ecology because what you are spreading is effectively garden fertiliser and this encourages the wrong sort of plants to flourish.

In Sweden they are researching replacing cremation with freeze-drying and dessication instead.

Yesterday I went to Guildford by bus and it went past a place in the country (near Cranleigh?) where 'woodland' burials are done, but it looked like a large scruffy field with a lot of saplings planted in regimented rows. Wood it wasn't.

Surprised at how down-at-heel Guildford has become. Many familiar shops that went bust, are empty and still have the original outside banners, like Maplins, Field&Trek, Patisserie Valerie, Moss Bros and others. Debenhams looks like the ideal site for demolition and replacement by luxury apartments overlooking the river but no sign of activity there yet.

Reply to
Andrew

Probably the last person you should talk to. That conversation will be duly noted on your medical records and future GP's (who have never met you) will read it and it will immediately affect their proposed course of action, if you are developing something more serious, and which could be identified if the correct test was requested early enough.

Reply to
Andrew

Busy people don't have time to feel 'depressed'. An active dog is usually better than pills.

Reply to
Andrew