Funeral Plans

It looks like some TV channels have censored all their non-stop adverts for funeral plans and over 50s life insurance. I wonder why?

Reply to
alan_m

Just one of many contingency plans that will be coming into action.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Just to get it back on-topic

I expect however we are going to get the fully monty for this one.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

(thanks)

(It's reported) the last state funeral was W. Churchill.

Hospitality industry is going to be busy.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

They could do with a bit of revenue.

Reply to
jon

I did wonder about that. Strange. Its for anyone of course to decide that something they do is not appropriate. I've just been asked if our local blind charity should stop local clubs, I said don't be silly the clubs are one of the few times people with sight loss can get together, its up to individuals not to go if they feel that should be their wish. I'm sure the actual funeral will be a holiday and everything will be shut in any case. I do hope nobody over reacts and closes all west end shows and stuff like that, as we do need to get a lot more money in and the economy working rather than shooting ourselves in the foot. I did not know the Queen but if Princess Anne is any guide she most certainly feels that the show as it were should go on and mourning should be personal choice not something forced on everyone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Seems to be a little stupid if I may say so, I don't really see the connection at all. I like the Royals, but really, what is the point? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Viewers would claim that it was insensitive.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Is that in the biblical sense ?

Specially the anti royalists who will be celebrating.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Maybe the providers realise they can't compete with a Full State Funeral.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not for £999 at least.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Or the £5k it cost for the average funeral isn't enough for royalty?

Reply to
alan_m

I've heard she asked for New Orleans style jazz funeral.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

Then you need a new hearing aid, BAD.

Reply to
zall

Ghanaian funerals are on-trend I hear.

Andy Burns

I think I would absolutely not engage the services of a funeral plan company with a state funeral going on.

I already have a nearly inviolable rule of not buying any product advertised on the Telly, on the grounds that if they are spending that much on advertising, it is probably overpriced crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Most of these policies only pay out what you have put in (or less) and absolutely nothing if you stop paying as may be the case as you get further into old age and inflation eats into you pension or you forget to pay the premiums.

Anything that gives you a £100 gift card from your own money suggests that the up-front commission is high.

Reply to
alan_m

just plant her...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

We played Jazz for my late partner's funeral. Not the full New Orleans style funeral, although, had I thought of it, we might have.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

It would be a nice gesture, given her ex-maj's enthusiasm for the Commonwealth.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie