Free Wago JB

Just found this free offer of a wago junction box which I think comes with some connectors.

"This offer is open to Electricians and Companies registered with a competent persons scheme provider eg NICEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA or similar"

You can fill in the form & get the freebie without then asking for any proof of being registered :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Brilliant. Cheers Dave.

I bought some of these a few months back after recommendations from the NG and can definitely recommend them.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

...well you could right up until the moment you posted the link, now every tom dick and harry is going to try and apply for a freebie...and probably no one will be able to get them in the future.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Who is Wago JB, and what was he banged up for?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not sure there's a "marketing guru" involved here like the 3M bozo. Seems more like the man himself trying to drum up a bit of business (like the Dustbubble chap -- which is amazingly still going).

There's a link on the site to a Wago promo video which is charmingly basic but does a good job of selling the product. I think I might have to place an order when I rewire upstairs.

Thanks, BTW, to Dave for posting the link.

Reply to
mike

Well if the advertising agency can't get their tiny little heads about what will happen in the real world when they make an offer like that then that is their problem. Just having a bit of blurb saying "offer only open to..." and not verifying that requirement is just daft. Even a field or two asking for membership details of the relevant body(s) would put most people off, even if it was never actually checked.

Looks at, partially broken, site. (it relies on scripting for the shopping basket and main menu hover over text is white on white). Looks like they have just added it as a normal product with a price of =A30.00 rather than a special page that could collect the qualifying information. Maybe there isn't an ad agency involved just the companies own marketing department, who are no doubt learning fast. B-)

Think Hoover and free flights or the 3M Safety specs(?) that were mentioned in the group a while back.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, I've ordered one nearly 12 hours after Dave's post - and have just received an email confirming that my order has been accepted. Miserable sods wouldn't let me order more than one, though!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Reply to
John Stumbles

Anyone's arrive yet?

Part of my order says dispatched and the other part says on hold!!

Reply to
Steven Campbell

tskp.1064$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.ams...

Mine arrived this morning. A junction box, a 2-way push-in, a 4-way push-in, and a 2-way lever thingy.

(Plus two short bits of cable).

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Not being greedy(!) I only asked for 3. But it only let me order one.

Anyway, it arrived this morning. It was set up as a demo, with two short lengths of 1.5mm^2 cable joined together using 3 different types of connector for L, N and earth. I've dismantled it and recovered the connectors for future use.

Reply to
Roger Mills

How does it compare with the HelaCon connectors?

Any pros or cons to either?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The Wago push-ins are smaller than the equivalent HelaCons in that they taper more at the back end and have only got one blade to grip each wire rather than 2. Nevertheless, the ones supplied seemed to be gripping pretty well.

I particularly like the demountable Wago connectors - which have very positive-feeling over-centre clamping levers.

Reply to
Roger Mills

arrived this morning - 3 way lever, 2 way puh in and 3 way push in - not had a chance to look - how do you demount the push in type?

was definitely a worthwhile exercise for them in my case - have list of bits to order

Reply to
Ghostrecon

You twist the wire to and fro, while pulling.

Reply to
Roger Mills

cheers

Reply to