Wago Connector

Hi. Can I use a triple Wago 222 connector to join just 2 cables (2.5mm)?
Thanks.
Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

if you're asking wheter you can leave one 'port' of a wago unused, then yes (presume you mean two wires rather than two entire cables?)
On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 12:22:26 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Extending a ring so joining 2 lengths of 3 core 2.5mm.
Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

I you use a single wago connector, it'll go bang.
you'd need three 222-412 connectors, one each for L, N & E
On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 12:43:26 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Yes, I've got 2 triple connectors to join the 2 lengths of 3 core cable. So one of the 222 'ports' in both connectors will be vacant.
On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 12:47:49 UTC+1, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

Sorry. ..in the 3 connectors , one of the ports will be empty.

You need *three* connectors as stated above. You can leave a 'port' empty, that's not a problem, but you must link the two earth/CPC wires as well as the two pairs of power conducting wires.
--
Chris Green
·

Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

That's not how wagos work, you put one wire per hole, don't twist several together and shove them in one hole.
plus all holes all commoned, unlike say choc-block connectors

Those look rather useful actually, I wonder whether using them would be OK by BS7671?
--
Chris Green
·

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 18:16:04 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:

I've just finished using wago 222 connectors to cut into the kitchen ring to feed a switch for cooker hood. Wasn't too difficult.
On 13/08/2019 11:32, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

Not sure how you intend using it.
If you meant to use just one connector like a terminal block with a pair of conductors into each hole then it's a very definite NO.
All the holes in the connector are connected together so you need a separate connector for each conductor and you should put only one conductor into each hole. Normally you'd use a separate 2 way Wago for each of L, N and E but if you already have some triples then you can just leave one hole empty on each.
On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 12:56:13 UTC+1, Mike Clarke wrote:

Many thanks, Andy and Mike.