Wago Connector

It's how these Chinese Wago-a-like ones work.

--

Graham. %Profound_observation%

Reply to
Graham.

Hi. Can I use a triple Wago 222 connector to join just 2 cables (2.5mm)?

Thanks.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

if you're asking wheter you can leave one 'port' of a wago unused, then yes (presume you mean two wires rather than two entire cables?)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Extending a ring so joining 2 lengths of 3 core 2.5mm.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

I you use a single wago connector, it'll go bang.

you'd need three 222-412 connectors, one each for L, N & E

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, I've got 2 triple connectors to join the 2 lengths of 3 core cable. So one of the 222 'ports' in both connectors will be vacant.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

Sorry. ..in the 3 connectors , one of the ports will be empty.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

You need *three* connectors as stated above. You can leave a 'port' empty, that's not a problem, but you must link the two earth/CPC wires as well as the two pairs of power conducting wires.

Reply to
Chris Green

Not sure how you intend using it.

If you meant to use just one connector like a terminal block with a pair of conductors into each hole then it's a very definite NO.

All the holes in the connector are connected together so you need a separate connector for each conductor and you should put only one conductor into each hole. Normally you'd use a separate 2 way Wago for each of L, N and E but if you already have some triples then you can just leave one hole empty on each.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

That's not how wagos work, you put one wire per hole, don't twist several together and shove them in one hole.

plus all holes all commoned, unlike say choc-block connectors

Reply to
Andy Burns

Many thanks, Andy and Mike.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

yes, I mentioned those the other week, but didn't want to muddy the water ... wago should copy those ... poor man's cliff quick-test!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Those look rather useful actually, I wonder whether using them would be OK by BS7671?

Reply to
Chris Green

I've just finished using wago 222 connectors to cut into the kitchen ring to feed a switch for cooker hood. Wasn't too difficult.

Reply to
Arthur Ravenscroft

Not noticed this wago 221 based wiring centre before ...

Andy Burns