Fog lights MOT

Do buses have an MOT, as such?

The legislation requiring two tail lights - brought in about 1950 - was one of the few bits of retrospective legislation. Requiring all old cars to be modified from one to two.

Town buses may have been excepted.

I'd be surprised if that applied to a non still in service bus though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rear fog in tungsten days use 21 watt bulbs. Same as stop lights and indictors. Two isn't going to make any difference to the intensity.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

He won't (because he probably can't), it's his hit-n-run MO.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Really? Most cars in London seem to switch headlights on in anything other than mid day sun.

The real test is if you see the lights before the car.

Only real difference with DRL, is you can't forget to switch them on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

that is brian...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Are there no new or recently new cars where you drive? Modern cars with LED lights do all kinds of tricks now so you can see better what the car is doing.

Including but not limited to: dimming/disabling DRL when indicators active dimming/disabling headlamp when indicators active animated indicators to attract attention dimming/disabling rear light cluster when indicating.

Reply to
mm0fmf

He has a problem in that he wears his wife's underwear.

Reply to
mm0fmf

It's faulty then. Previous car's electric brake engaged in under 0.5 secs.

Reply to
mm0fmf

You need to drive a modern automatic with stop start and then you'll know why so many cars do not use the handbrake.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Should have posted for Mr Cheerful in uk.rec.cars.maintenance really.

Reply to
newshound

How would you know it was a town and not a large village?

Reply to
ARW

Rule 226 of the Highway Code says don't dazzle when using fog lights. It's safe to assume you are more likely to dazzle when using fog lights in town and thus in close proximity to other cars than when on rural roads and from their think fog lights are not to be used in such conditions.

Reply to
mm0fmf

0.5 seconds is an appreciable time
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I drive a modern car with stop-start and the parking brake applies automatically - regardless whether stop-start is active or disabled. Hence, once the car is truly stationary, I just take my foot off the brake pedal.

Trouble is, the other car I drive regularly is also automatic but has a manual handbrake and I do have to think about it when I switch over.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Nope.

Only when you are actually driving off. Except on a decent slope there is no need to use the handbrake between having your foot on the brake and moving it to the accelerator when driving off.

The alternative is to disengage drive when stopped at the lights.

Reply to
%

Does he need to use a belt to hold her knickers up when he is wearing them?

Reply to
ARW

better than 20 20 vision here.....

Reply to