Dust mask - glasses fog up - alternatives?

I insulate homes / businesses with cellulose insulation, which means I work in a cloud of dust. Dust that is thick enough to affect my eyes if I don't wear protection. Problem is, once I work up a sweat, my glasses get fogged up and I can't see anything.

At a wood worker's show, my dad told me about a helmet with a filtered air supply that keeps the dust away from ones face. It was a bit pricey.

Does anyone know of something, like a soft hood with a battery operated blower attached that could do the same thing?

thanks in advance.

Reply to
Slumlord

Your question sparked a distant memory...

When I lived where it got cold we used to wipe the inside of windshields with something to prevent/minimize fogging. Trouble is, I can't remember precisely what. I think it was either gycerine or soap.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

RainX

Reply to
Kathy

also known as duck piss.

you can also get a 'no fog' cloth for glasses pretty cheaply and i suspect it would work just dandy.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I have the same problem - shoveling snow with glasses is a major pain. Contacts lenses work.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

3M Airmate is what I have. A lower cost alternative is mentioned here:

Note that this is still $255. My unit is about $1k but it's good for toxic gases and poisons ( depending upon the cartridge used ). I use an ammonia/HEPA cartridge.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Erma1ina

-> I insulate homes / businesses with cellulose insulation, which means I

-> work in a cloud of dust. Dust that is thick enough to affect my eyes if

-> I don't wear protection. Problem is, once I work up a sweat, my glasses

-> get fogged up and I can't see anything.

->

-> At a wood worker's show, my dad told me about a helmet with a filtered

-> air supply that keeps the dust away from ones face. It was a bit pricey.

->

-> Does anyone know of something, like a soft hood with a battery operated

-> blower attached that could do the same thing?

->

->

-> thanks in advance.

Scuba divers buy something that they apply to the inside of their mask to keep it from fogging. If you have a scuba supply store not far from home, go and ask them about it.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Try cutting and rubbing a potato against the lens. The potato juice prevents fogging; at least, with scuba masks.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Buy? I always just spit into mine :)