Re: Fog lights MOT

Rear fog lamps should only be used when dipped headlights are used. On most modern cars the fog lamps will not come on unless dipped headlamps are on certainly on our Kuga that is the case and if the ignition is turned off the fog lamps will not come back on without being switched on again.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

The van will only allow the rear fog light on if the front fog lights are on. This can be done with what I used to call side lights but I have now been told are called parking lights.

This might be useful if the fog is reflected by the higher headlights.

Reply to
ARW

Considering the small percentage they are of the car fleet, Subaru seem to be pretty attractive to quite a lot of the drivers I'd rather not see on the road.

Where in the UK seems possibly at least as much an issue as badge. Other than cars which have been tarted up in various ways, and Subaru, I'd say I find it nearly impossible to point a finger at a car and predict how the driver will behave.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

You don't see so many hot Impreza's any more. They used to be really common with after-market go fast accessories and an exhaust pipe the size of a sewer. Probably many succumbed to tin worm as the newest classic shape will be 13yrs old now. I bet plenty were lost to the fact that the driver's ability in practice was not as good as the driver's ability in theory.

Reply to
mm0fmf

A few round here - and some other Subarus, maybe Foresters?

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I have a 90% success rate at playing "spot the split arse".

Reply to
ARW

Not just from make, though. Behaviour is, IME, far more of a guide.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Yes I agree, but the make and model does help on occasions.

Have you ever played the game?

Reply to
ARW

No - and I don't know how to - just took a punt at thinking I got the drift.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I remember it being said down the pub that only BMWs drove around with the front fogs on. Some years ago.

So we decided on a challenge. Sit outside the pub and log the cars going past with front fogs on. But you had to be certain they were fitted with front fogs before counting the makes. After all, one without them couldn't have them on.

BMW didn't win. ;-)

All that shows is we tend to look for results which prove what we already know. Or think we know.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News