Fittings On UPVC Frames

I have a DG UPVC window in my bathroom but because of the way the window is fitted close to the ceiling it's not possible to fit a curtain rail above it without the window fouling it when opening the window...there is also very little space on either side to allow a curtain to be drawn back..again because of fouling .

What i thought of doing was fitting the rail to the window frame ( not the surround) so when the window was opened it takes the curtain with it ....is there a problem with fitting screws like self-tappers to the UPVC or maybe glueing something to the frame so I can fit a rail....the curtain will have little weight to it ...it's more for decor reasons than anything else .

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

I've done this successfully using plastic cup-hooks with self-adhesive pads, in conjunction with a curtain rod (ie, one which just lies across the hooks rather than a springy rail thing which would put the hooks under tension. TBH best to remove the pads completely and use Evostik to stick the hooks to the window frame instead, for a secure job.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Ah right...thanks for that ..never thought of cup hooks ( in fact I might actually have a couple )...I just need to ensure that the curtain hangs far enough out to avoid the handle but it only protrudes about 2 1/4 inches

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

be disregarded .

Put a cafe pole across the gap and hang the curtain from that.

I can't really understand the problem, do the windows open inwards? Otherwise, how do they foul the curtain when opening?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

disregarded .

ONE window .and Yes.It opens inwards otherwise I wouldn't have the problem (but I also wouldn't be able to clean the outside of the window).

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

It works OK for me on several windows, but once drilled the holes tend to be there to stay

John

Reply to
JTM

Yeah.I guess ...altough if drilled neatly I s'pose you could use those little plastic plugs for covering screwheads that you get on some kitchen units if you can get them to match the colour of the UPVC. Mebbe I'll use the stuck on idea.

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

maybe and suppose

another illiterate Scotchman

Reply to
molley222

Isn't that *two" Scotchmen"? :-) And isn't it "Scotsman/men"?

Reply to
dave

"Scotchman". Man made of whisky? Who's illiterate?

Reply to
Keith W

Don't encourage the creep!!!

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

Its a ploy on words to annoy the sad scotch gay wanker stuart b

I know full well its scotsman

regards

--

Reply to
molley222

bushmills

jack daniels

jim beam

all better than any shit that comes out of scotland

regards

--

Reply to
molley222