fitting radiator on tiled plasterboard wall

I asked a week or so about fittings to use for hanging a towel radiator

on a plasterboard wall. Most replies felt it was a bad idea as the weight may pull the wall forward and dislodge the tiles.

So I've decided to heed the groups expertise but also compromise with my Mrs ;o)

I'm thinking of altering a couple of decorative legs in order to take the weight. If I turned something like this

(but without the angle) upside down and shaped the top in order for the radiator to rest on it do you think that would take enough of the weight off the radiator?

Or is there any kind of combination plumbing fitting that also acts as a support.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Steven Campbell has brought this to us :

(but without the angle) upside down and shaped the top in order for the

One solution you might consider is bolting straight through the wall to the far side, if this might be appropriate?

Something like some shelves on the opposite face of the wall to the radiator to help spread the weight, or even a second radiator so the two are back to back.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

What about looking for a floor-standing towel rail? Not sure if they still exist, but they used to some years ago.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

There are a few on screwfix but they look hideous

Steven Campbell

it's covered in towels!

Suz

Steven.