FireFox has Foxed up

Anyone else suffering with the latest FireFox update? It's died. Works OK in safe mode but I can't disable/remove add-ons in normal mode as it's unresponsive.

I've uninstalled the 32 bit version and installed the 64 bit one thinking it might flush everything out but no. :(

Just re-bootoed the other PC and Firefox has done exactly the same thing on that one now.

Grrrr....

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

En el artículo , Chris Hogg escribió:

Same here, updated from 52.0.2. It disabled Ghostery, but all else ok. It seems a lot quicker, too.

I've been using Pale Moon for some time but might give the v53 Firefox a try. It's a new browser engine, I believe.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Ghostery working fine, as is uBlock and ReminderFox. Not sure it's any quicker for me though.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

The problem with pale moon and others for me is that all accessibility has been removed, so its unusable. I cannot say 53 is much different to 52, though of course 52 is the last to work on XP and 48 was the last to work on amd Athlon/sempron.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

One problem I have found in recent Firefox versions is that it comes up with no page, and try again, or bits of a site indicate server not found and a refresh is needed. I imagine this points to there being some kind of latency somewhere in the system, which in time will probably be fixed. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :

Just checked and it was on v53 64bit and waiting to install an update. Now on 53.0.2 64bit.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield