final straw

LBC this morning:an advert halfway through the news bulletin.......it was bad enough with those Vodaphone adverts every five minutes ..... good luck getting rid of the Licence fee...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Good grief

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

totly

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I find advert breaks invaluable. Gives one the chance to go for a piss, put on the kettle and see what's on the other side. To hell with the licence fee - AND the BBC!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

...or even a shag if your younger than me.

Reply to
Smolley

He won't find anyone to give him one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I do have some sympathy about radio and tv ads. They really are taking the piss these days, both with the times they are scheduled and the number you get toward the end of tv programmes. In my experience there is a critical mass where people simply tune out, so blanket coverage in effect does the opposite of what is intended.

On the other hand, subscriptions to everything will kill the media too, would you rather heat your house than have internet, radio and tv? I know what I'd choose, However I suspect so many shop on line now, that this may protect that medium, but if it keeps on being plastered with adverts then I can see that going downhill too. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

spot on ma man.....I just can't tolerate any adverts these days....wasn't too bad in the old days but as you say they are kicking the arse out of it now.....AND there is just TOO MUCH media about these days...far to much

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Spot on I just can't tolerate any adverts these days...wasn't so bad in the past but they are kicking the arse out of it now....and there is far too much media about these days....and youtube is unwatchable without an advert blocker....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

adverts then I

Subs are hard technically for DTT as I don't think many modern TVs have a slot for a CAM adapter. If it's Internet only the whole system will fall over.

Reply to
Max Demian

I have a pause buton and use that whenever I want to. Sometimes I pause for over 1/2 hour and watch something on another channel or something I've recorded I feel is more important.

Reply to
whisky-dave