Fancy building a workshop?

brass monkey

Impressive speed on the studwork though!

Reply to
John Rumm

neighbour's built (about 90% by himself and his son) for his hardwood flooring business. I keep meaning to ask him if I can snag some photos to share; the quality of the work is pretty impressive. It's got two bogs in it now, its own deck, and a bedroom on the upper floor :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, "John Rumm" writ:

understanding neighbours.

Reply to
Percy

Neighbours? He lives in the middle of a desert in the Southern USA. I expect the nearest neighbours are 40 minutes away.

Reply to
Huge

Watch the video properly, and you can see the neighbouring houses are only just the other side of the fence.

Reply to
John Williamson

Naah, I'm not *that* interested.

Oh, OK.

Reply to
Huge

bugger all mesh. Bit of ground movement and it will crack and break up.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Indeed. Also, I initially thought "why all that insulation in the walls and ceiling and none under the floor?". Then I realised that it was to keep the heat *out* and that heat rising through the floor may not be a problem. Not totally convinced, though!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Given that they seemed to be using a jackhammer to remove the lawn, maybe the soil is on the rock-hard side?

Reply to
Andy Burns

They did make some comment along those lines IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm