External ducting for a hob extractor

I need to fit a hob extractor vent but I can't get it more than 200mm away from the boiler terminal. To get the 300mm minimum distance I want to run the extractor duct a short way up the outside of the wall but I haven't found anywhere that sells suitable brown rectangular plastic ducting ... any suggestions?

Reply to
no_spam

Convert to round pipe before you come through the wall - much more choice then.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I was hoping to keep it tight to the wall and not too visually disturbing. I only need to go up by 100mm. Doesn't round mean stainless, and ping ping noises when it rains?

Reply to
no_spam

Try bes.co.uk - they have lots of flat ducting.

If no brown, consider painting it with a suitable uPVC paint - maybe from a car paintshop, something like Vinylkote might do it.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You should be able to use upvc eg terracotta if it is against brickwork

Reply to
Bob Minchin

And round pipe has a lower flow resistance than the same size of rectangular pipe IIRC.

Reply to
Mark