extended warranties on electrical items

Yes, I did think one month was a rather narrow window, but couldn't see any way to expand it on crime-statistics.co.uk, this site gives two years statistics which seems more sensible ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Normal people just go shopping every few days and get what they need to last for a few days.

Unless you have a huge garden and grow your own veg and fruit, there is no point in an oversized freezer full of things that you have forgotten about anyway.

Reply to
Andrew

The carboard boxes normally have a little flap so you can just pour it right out of the box !.

Who on earth transfers cereals into another container ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Does anyone still make Cxx cassettes now ?.

Reply to
Andrew

places vulnerable to mice & ants

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not all of us live in cities and towns. My closest supermarkets are 40 miles away. Freezers and ample larder space are absolutely essential here. When I lived in the middle of Edinburgh, I shopped for a few items every day or two.

Reply to
S Viemeister

So sorry that my lifestyle doesn't match your expectation.

You have no idea of my circumstances or my preferences. If I want two fridge freezers then that's what I will have. Are you going to require me to grow fruit and veg to justify my fridge freezers?

Perhaps you would like to pop round and give me your opinion, as a budding lifestyle coach, about the number of TVs I have. While you're at it why don't you check out if I have the right number of kitchen knives to meet with your approval.

Oh and let me know if my doormat is big enough to be "normal".

Reply to
Pamela

When I used to drive to work I would pop into the shops most days. Now I'm unwell and can't drive but I get a grocery delivery every couple of weeks which works out fine. It's easy enough to predict what I will need and I get as much as I can in advance.

Reply to
Pamela

I used to do that for my mother. She had dementia and couldn't understand the illustration on the boxes, so I would put the cereal into clear plastic containers and get her to point at what she wanted.

Reply to
Pamela

Calm down dear. He's not from the EU, or the Labour party.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A lot of people get their bulk food shopping delivered. No point spending 2 x delivery fees if you can store more food and get 1 x delivery.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Heh!

How would you like it if someone came to your old house and told you you "normal" people don't have downstair shower? There's often a good reason for these things.

Reply to
Pamela

My mother had a rather nice set of enamelled tins in two sizes. Maybe a wedding present. All labelled. Sugar, flour etc from the days when you bought such things loose. And not one in the correctly labelled tin. Long before she got dementia. I sort of grew up thinking this was the norm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What do they do with all this time they've saved?

But then you'd likely need to freeze it given it is always the nearest to the 'use by' date stuff they deliver. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No. IIRC, the EU banned them. They also banned a lot of other things, too. Like Turkish cigarettes in 1996 - bastards. Hey, I wonder if we'll be able to get Turkish ciggies again after next March? That alone would make it well worth leaving the EU!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

plenty still on ebay. Other things had better quality, that's all.

Reply to
charles

Do please carry on smoking cigarettes. You just know it makes sense. Freedom of choice is far more important than anything else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Of course. Pretty well all magnetic tape formats are still being made. But you may not find them in Curries.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And a bit more convenient. You can transfer hundreds of cassettes to one tiny memory stick. But I doubt Mr Doom understands such things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My understanding is that it is illegal to offer a discount in lieu of Interest Free Credit.

Reply to
johnt