Eurocylinders

Curiosity question:

Can you get a "keyed alike" eurocylinder made up from an existing key, rather than bought as a set.

This will be E*S barrels.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You can with Avocet/ABS cylinders, I was going to have a master with two keyed alike sub-sets so I could keep all house keys safe while letting someone have a set of garage/shed/garden keys, and only carry a single key myself.

Most "internet" locksmiths said they couldn't do it, I did find one "proper" locksmith who could do it - CTS Ironmongery - quote was a bit steep though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

£££

NT

Reply to
meow2222

maybe

dennis

Cheaper on the passing charge but more expensive on the locks. I was quoted £281+VAT for 3 locks keyed alike, another 3 locks keyed alike (but different from the first set) and two master keys, with the three types of keys in different colours.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks to all :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Do it yerself, rekeying cylinders isnt hard. One of the wiki lock articles talks about it fwiw.

NT

Reply to
meow2222