euro convertor

I've just bought a Briel espresso machine by mail order from France. It has a standard European two pin plug with receptacle for male grounding pin. It runs on 230V and load is 1600 watts. The only adapter I can find online is Maplin's euro convertor but that shows a max load of 600 watts. Can I just cut off the plug and fit a standard UK plug onto the cable?

Reply to
michaelgswan

But, as the appliance will not have the Noddy Guide to wiring a plug in the UK, as required by the nanny state, I hope you're competent to do so!

Reply to
Terry

Yes - all an adaptor would do is to reassign the connections to the correct UK pins, so why not just cut out the middle man.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

UK voltage is now nominally 230V +10% -6% so it should be fine as long as you can sort a plug out.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Thanks all for your help

Reply to