UPVC Window Sealing rubber

I have a problem with a large(ish) and very exposed UPVC window. The window is a full opener and about 10 years old.

Recent strong winds and heavy driving rain have highlighted a lack of efficient weather seal between the frame and the window.

Is it possible to purchase lengths of sealing rubber and are there varying sizes?

TIA

Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

I think they are specific to the particular brand of window.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You can buy gasket from any upvc manufacturer - if it's only for one window they will probably give it to you but if they don't, it's cheap as chips anyway...it's usually coated in an oil like substance - don't wipe this off as it helps it to slide in with a bit of effort on your part, start in one of the upper corners and insert it fully down one side, then across the bottom, then up the other side and back across the top to where you started (this way it's a continuous seal, apart from the top corner, where it's not imperative) - then cut it off - don't try to cut it to size first, and make sure you get a piece bigger than what you need.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

Hi Phil, Guess I was just being lazy. :¬) I'll have to check the local UPvC mftrs. I have fitted a few DG units in my younger days and remember that the supplied gasket was a fair bit longer than rqd, but never trimmed any as it would invariably shrink over the years. :¬)

Cheers Pete

Reply to
PeTe33