Energy, broadband

Landline gone down so with FTTC no broadband, had to do a Teams call on

4g phone. I was astonished to find the audio quality was far better than a typical 4g call to the phone in the same room in the house, even when the other end was streaming video.

Now up and running using phone as a hotspot.

Just received the annual gas estimate from (new) supplier Shell, up from £1095 to £1880.

Reply to
newshound

My estimate from Shell is an additional 1486 per year for both. From April the 1st. I'm hoping it is an April Fools gag.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Teams audio will not be limited to typical telephony channel bandwidths...

Having said that I have has some android to android normal telephone calls that have had astonishingly good audio - significantly more bandwidth than the normal ~3kHz. (never had a decent call to someone with an iPhone though!)

Reply to
John Rumm

That had never occurred to me. Have a pal who phones regularly and can always tell when he's using his mobile. And that is the latest I-phone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News