EE Broadband price rise.

I have been notified that my EE broadband charges are going up by 14% after March.

Reply to
Smolley

That's less than most ...

virgin RPI+3.9% plusnet CPI+3.9%

most others similar.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's because ISPs are a cartel.

Reply to
Max Demian

My Plusnet service is going up by £4.94 but I only joined in January and may be subject to a discount.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thats nothing...

Virginmedia / O2 have informed me of an increase of 17.3% in April

Reply to
SH

Got an email from Plusnet today. They didn't say what the total percentage increase was, only the extra amount I'll be paying. Anyway, according to my calculator it's 14.17%

Reply to
Mark Carver

I think by picking RPI, virgin win this round 13.4+3.9% vs 10.1+3.9%

Reply to
Andy Burns

<smug mode>

Zen.

“Lifetime Price Guarantee: Yes”. </smug mode>

I haven’t a clue whose lifetime it is though, mine or the contracts. ;-). Dare say it will bite the dust eventually. Probably when the copper network goes.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm the same as you. On FTTC broadband which is more than enough for me. But it, and The Lifetime Price Guarantee, will go when FTTP is forced on me. There's nothing on the horizon for the change here, though, I'm very pleased to say.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

More of an oligopoly perhaps.

Reply to
SteveW

Mine should remain fixed until December - or I'll be annoyed.

Reply to
SteveW

Bullshit they are.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I'm on Zen fixed price as well. Not available for new contracts but as far as I'm aware if I don't change my contract the price stays the same. I originally had a 12 month contract but for years now its continuing on a monthly rolling contract.

I expect that when my contract changes with the introduction of digital voice etc. that I will have to pay the new rates, plus yearly increases*. I note also that Zen can also offer me fibre to the house - I think using the City link fibre which was installed down my roads about a year ago.

*On a previous Zen contract, when they withdrew the service I was on they upgraded me and charged me the same price which stayed the same until I upgraded to a faster service with a new contract.
Reply to
alan_m

It isnt that either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Why am I not surprised. I strongly suspect vodafone are limbering up, since they are sending me loads of dross about the benefits of them.

I would have thought that what this will do is make the access to the internet shrink, and then where will all the do it all on line crew be? I must call Virgin and see what they are offering. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not informed me as yet, but its like pulling teeth getting when your contract expires recently. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Virgin are offering to drain your wallet significantly if you've been with them a long time. None of these advertised prices are available for existing customers.

I could spend hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone to haggle. Instead I'll wait till later this year when our road gets fibre installed and then I can have fast Virginmedia or fast other providers.

When you can switch to something as fast or faster is when you have some haggling leverage!

Reply to
mm0fmf

If the "few" of the "oligo-" were in competition it would be all right. A cartel involves collusion.

Reply to
Max Demian

Are Oz ISPs effectively pegged to CPI+3.9% (which presumably is the maximum they are allowed to by some spineless regulator)? Do you even have CPI and RPI?

Reply to
Max Demian

Well what is it, and why do they keep going up?

Reply to
Max Demian