EE Broadband price rise.

No price change on my ISP yet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, though Zen are reassuringly 'a bit expensive'.

Over the last 5 years I've spent about 130 quid with Plusnet for my

80/20 FTTC connection

What has your Zen account cost you over that same period ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Make that [130x12] = £1560  (forgot to multiply by 12 !)

Reply to
Mark Carver

I've only had it just over 3 years (having moved up from copper). The latter was £21.40 a month, and the move to FTTC only increased it to £22.00. So, pro-rata for 5 years FTTC would have been £1320. That's only for broadband though - my phone is BT.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Ah, well my Plusnet figure is broadband _and_ phone line rental

Reply to
Mark Carver

Nope, no pegging at all and mine hasn't changed in a decade and has always been the cheapest available.

Our ISP prices arent regulated by anyone and are much cheaper than yours.

Corse we do.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The real world.

Ours don't.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That percentage is what they are increasing by on top of inflation. My Plusnet is increasing by 14.17%!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

14% + inflation (whether CPI or RPI)? I don't think so!
Reply to
Andy Burns

Thass not what he said.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So what do you think he's saying?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Try O2 - April increase of 13.4% RPI plus a contractual 3.9%.

Trebles all round :-)

Reply to
RJH

I took it to mean that RPI/CPI + 3.97 => 14.1

Reply to
Tim Streater

In total yes, exactly the same as my Plusnet increase (to two decimal places!)

So presumably Plusnet have taken a figure of (14.17-3.9)= 10.27% as the CPI figure ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

On John Lewis here. I expect that's what mine will be, then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net writes

Have they been nagging you about closing the service?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

so did I, so it's including inflation, not on top of inflation

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some time ago (a few months), yes. And Plusnet didn't seem to be including email in the offerings when, straight after JL's nagging, I checked.

Reply to
Tim Streater