Had a message from EE on Tuesday

I had an SMS from my SIM only phone supplier, to say I would have to agree to a change of reducing my current 10Gb to 3GB data/month for £10, or if I did nothing it would auto role over to 10GB data/month for £14. I just happened to notice that Plusnet was offering 12GB/month for £8, so I signed up. After I requested a PAC with the option to retain my number, I got a pleading from a Sunderland customer care department offering me 10GB/ month for £6, but I said sorry I have already signed up now, she said just cancel, I said no, I dont want to mess Plusnet around.

Reply to
jon

You should always ask for a PAC and know where it is that you will switcho to and at what price. If you aren't talking to mobile phone customer retention every couple of years then you are being ripped off. Sometimes royally so.

Reply to
Martin Brown

PlusNet don't support short-code SMS dialling (such as "Text OK to

6nnnnn" (or whatever)). This can be an inconvenience.
Reply to
Spike

ok ta

Reply to
jon

Smarty piggyback off 3.

If you go through an existing customer, you both get a free month. Monthly contract. I like it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

PlusNet use EE as the carrier. If you use PlusNet broadband you can get 14GB for £8

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yes I know, Plusnet using EE's coverage, that appealed to me, I cant use many others here.

Reply to
jon

Very inconvenient if your bank sends you a message e.g. "reply YES to 6nnnn to confirm recent transaction for £nnn" That was why I left them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Virgin just sent a reminder that my minimum term is now over, and they'll be doing the RPI+x% increase this month, so I'll make a point of swapping from a 10GB/month SIM to a 12GB/month SIM at the same price.

Reply to
Andy Burns

jon laid this down on his screen :

Plusnet mobile runs on EE :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Saw EE in the title and was reminded that it's impossible to download a bill from them in anything other than a PDF per number format (this is for business). So I'm not surprised to find they are shit elsewhere too.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Happily my bank sends a number.

Reply to
jon

I personally feel we need some new law to cover services like broadband and phones, since comparing people on the same supplier has made it clear to be that they charge a range of prices based on no known sane algorithm, and assume that the lazy ones will take up the slack for the discounted people like new users and special offers. We need some transparency here generally. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It is a transparent policy. Customer loyalty will be *PUNISHED*.

Reply to
Martin Brown

It the same with insurance, gas and electricity suppliers and building societies.

Reply to
alan_m

Please be aware that Plusnet doesn't have access to one of the key EE frequencies which can often lead to poor performance even though there is apparently good signal strength.

Reply to
Kevin Holohan