12gb for a year???

got this card today.....I doubt if the 12gb will last a year as I was lead to believe....can't understand the copy seems to say it will but when you call 444 and check my 3 it says it expires in 30 days...what do you think ? ... I asked the seller to activate the 12 gab data he activated it on Sunday 21st before he sent it....the sellers English doesn't appear to be good ....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Cut-SIM-Card-Preloaded-12GB-Data-Unlimited-Calls-Txt-30day/392148671638?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I have absolutely no idea to what you refer. Brian
--
----- --

What made you think it was a 12 month sim? Quite clearly states it's 30 days.
Chris wrote:

It says preloaded data that lasts for a year, seems a bit misleading,must mean that you can keep it in a cupboard for a year but you can activate it at any time during the year and then you get a month????
On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 15:48:47 UTC+1, FMurtz wrote:

No as it says it gets activated when they recieve your order and it takes 2 days to despatch so you can lose 2 days before you even recieve it.
And people wonder why we don;t like eBay for ordering student stuff.

Perish the thought you should be careful with taxpayer's money.
--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 16:54:43 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I am, I've said we should buy our ribbon cable from a suplier in china that supplies ready mad lead for 46p free psotage from china , everywhere else seems to be charging £3-£4 or more as we get through about 30 eac h term....
On 23/10/2018 16:25, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Go online and see what your MyThree control panel says. I think that like the description URL below this SIM has a 12GB data and 30 day timeout.

The genuine article from Three is 12GB/12 months but there are loads and loads of confusing PAYG variants these days. Last time I looked EE was marginally more data for less money but a more fiddly initialisation.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
There is now a 24GB for 2 years deal too.

They don't keep once they have been activated. I use the 12GB/year Three SIMs as backup (and the 3GB/3month ones too). Buying them when they are on special offer and then burning them up when I need more mobile data than my contract allows. They are available from Amazon and eBay in a confusing number of PAYG styles and preloaded data/expiry period so you do have to be very careful what you buy and read the small print.
The one you have bought looks to be a 12GB data 30day deal PAYG SIM.
"Preloaded with 12GB of Data
3000 MINS & 3000 TEXT PACKAGE WILL LAST 30 DAYS YOU CAN THEN TOPUP AGAIN TO GET NEW PACKAGE"
They have become a fair bit cheaper recently.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

It makes no sense to me, I have had a few Three sims of 1 to 4 Gb and they did not need 'activating' before despatch. So far as I am aware, they last until activated and I have kept them in a drawer 18 months unactivated - they have been fine.
On 23/10/18 17:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If it just data you need, you can get SIMs which don't activate until first use. 12G / 12mth for typically £28- on Ebay.
--

Smile for the camera ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ

Brian Reay explained on 23/10/2018 :

I would not use that amount of data in the 12months, so the 1 or 4 Gb /month are a much cheaper option. I just keep a few in the caravan ready to use as needed.
On 23/10/2018 18:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

These days it is usually cheaper and easier to tether your smartphone to provide a Wifi link to the internet. Assuming you have a contract that permits it. I only burn a PAYG data SIM when I run out of contract data.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

They mean that you get unlimited calls and texts for 30 days and you then need to pay for another 30 days etc. But that the 12GB of data rolls over and lasts for a year.