Recommendations for LED floodlights?

I'm after 4 floodlights that use LED.

I'm aiming for light intensity equivalence to 300W to 500W in old incandescent terms

Must be good value for money

Must have good colour rendering, i,e no "cool blue" but a nice warm white

My usual suppliers of choice are Screwfix, TLC direct, ToolStation, CPC, RS and Farnell.

I've had LAP LED bulbs from Screwfix and they seem to be pretty good.

No integrated PIR is required, I have seperate PIR units for that.

TIA,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Try ebay

Reply to
ss

Have a look at

Wide selection of LED 'stuff' and reasonable prices (when they've got an offer on, which they almost always have).

WTF do you want that level of light for? If it's just security all you are creating are deep balck shadows that whole tribe for tea leaves can hide in.

Lighting for a working yard is another matter but a few the very bright point sources can produce glare and areas in their vicinity that are very difficult to see things in even if they are lit. They iris in the eye closes up... It may well be better to install more, but individually less bright, luminaires.

There are a lot of these LED floods out there not all at similar price points. I'd look for one that says stainless screws *and* bolts, I have one that has stainless set screws holding the glass frame in place and I think the rear cover but the nuts, bolts and washers used for the bracket are chromed steel. Needless to say they showed rust within 24 hours of being installed...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I get the impression the OP is looking for products recommendations, rather than a place to buy

Reply to
Chris French

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@srv1.howhill.co.uk:

I totally agree with you Dave. I saw one yesterday that had been mounted on a 4 foot post on the top of his garage roof apex. It was aimed horizontally

- so there was darkness in front to the door; half the light was wasted by going upwards and neighbours and passers by must have been pissed off.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I use 20w for my back garden and thats more than bright enough. I mentioned ebay in my previous post as he wanted value for money and lots of variations on ebay.

Reply to
ss

On 1

I had thought about Ebay but there seems a lot of chinese stuff and lots of products with brand names I've never heard of.

And shipping out of Hong Kong/China for free P&P???

Reply to
Stephen

This is the one I purchased...

It was posted from Glasgow but no doubt bulk buys from Hong Kong, It came with a short lead so I did have to extend it. Without PIRs around £12 for the smaller wattage. I know zilch about quality but will see how long it lasts.

Reply to
ss

/Stephen On 1

I had thought about Ebay but there seems a lot of chinese stuff and lots of products with brand names I've never heard of.

And shipping out of Hong Kong/China for free P&P??? /q

Where would you prefer your led floodlights be made? Are you willing to pay their prices?

For 20 odd quid (maximum shurely?) just stick one up and see what happens?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I used

Good selection, decent prices (at least, for the special offer floodlights I bought) and decent quality.

Regards.

Terry.

Reply to
terry.shitcrumbs

Stephen wrote in news:fUf0w.592855$rQ.359300 @fx13.am4:

Bear in mind that a lot of "brand named" stuff is made in China and shipped here - but with a nice familiar brand name stuck on it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn