Electricity Prices.

I rang EON NEXT to find out what the unit cost of electricity would be next month. The reply was that they did not know and maybe I should call in a weeks time.

I never find The governments announcements about the total annual cost for dual fuel households paying by direct debit any use apart from the fact that they might tell me that the cost of electricity might rise or fall.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Yes, they ought to know after the budget ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The utility companies were complaining the other day that if the Government was going to interfere in pricing they would like more than a month's notice, especially if they were going to change what they originally announced.

Reply to
alan_m

when "interfere" means "subsidise", my heart doesn't really bleed for them.

It's the same for all of them, it's not as if they've got to start competing again yet.

Reply to
Andy Burns

No, if they ever did. I've suspected for some time that there is a cartel running there. I pay on the bill on my fixed rate quarterly, and I was hoping that the prices might be more stable in 2025. I mean it should be obvious to everyone that you cannot budget if the prices are allowed to vary day to day. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff