Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper than most anyone else?.

tony sayer

Based on their quote they were £120 per year more expensive than my current supplier.

Reply to
ss

Can you say who that is at all?..

Reply to
tony sayer

That must be one hell of a deal you have or a strange usage level or a strange location because at typical 'low' dual fuel usage (OFGEM TDCV 8000kWh Gas

1900kWh electricity) they are pricing at around 70 quid per annum below the likes of Eon (currently the lowest of the big six) on a 12 month fix but with £50 per fuel exit penalties rather than £30 with Eon, plus they have a standing charge of zero. They are also cheaper by about the same amount at the medium and high dual fuel typical consumption levels too.

Me? I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Low cost suppliers have gone under in the past and they will do in the future. Then you get lumbered with whoever OFGEM decides. It could be another bunch of shysters.

Reply to
The Other Mike

I am afraid the baby talk they use might put me off. The "membership fee" is a clever way of using a standing charge which actually increases with the amount of fuel used and therefore the real rate paid is higher than the quoted one. I wonder if this is just to confuse the customer or whether it also confuses price comparison sites? There are number of silly mistakes in their contract. For instance, do they really mean that a day is only treated as a bank holiday if it is one in England *and* Scotland?

It was a clever move for a Conservative government to set up a scheme whereby their pals could set up supply companies with minimal investment and at the same time forbid the existing companies to offer cheap rates. The net effect is to fund various 'entrepreneurs' out of extra charges to those in the habit of looking for bargains.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

suggests that I could save £59/year with this company (dual fuel and an

18 month contract) but currently I would have to pay £60 in exit fees with my current supplier so no actual savings. The club lists this supplier as the second cheapest for my yearly consumption figures. They list Breeze as being slightly cheaper by a few quid per year.

outfoxthemarket has £100 exit penalties

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September

2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Further info: Outfox the Market charges a monthly membership fee depending on your level of usage instead of a standing charge. However, we include this in your costs as a daily standing charge by spreading the annual price of membership over 365 days. It also takes direct debits in advance, so your first payment may overlap with your final payment(s) to your current provider.

Reply to
alan_m

I noticed them, they are based near here, the address is somewhat backstreet, their sister company sells expensive german electric radiator replacements ... check reviews

Reply to
Andy Burns

They say in the advertising blurb they don't have a standing charge (though their contract says they do! - this could be an error) but they charge a compulsory graduated "membership fee" rising with fuel usage. This rather needs including in any price calculation.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

don't forget the (approx) 100 pa "membership fee"

that's equivalent to one sixth of my total bill

tim

Reply to
tim...

What percentage of your bill is the daily standing charge levied by other suppliers? The membership fee is just a way of of charging a variable standing charge which probably will be higher in the winter but lower in the summer.

Daily standing charges from many suppliers are around 20p/day per fuel

365 days @ £0.40 = £146
Reply to
alan_m

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to be "100% renewable"?

Reply to
newshound

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

hind teeth, unless your eyes really do have teeth.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I know what eye teeth are, but not hind teeth.

Reply to
Max Demian

Well it's all bollocks anyway, isn't it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I'd happily have a nuclear reactor in my back garden.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

stupid pussy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well not a BIG one. It wouldnt fit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a Dutch contract that is 100% renewable. All I did was choose the cheapest. Despite having 100% clean power I have to pay almost 50% on top of the bill for environment tax.

I'd be happy if I had a back garden big enough for a nuclear reactor

Reply to
Martin