Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

Perhaps many, but then again its an energy supplier so some grief is part of that territory

Still at least we have a bit of a choice in energy supply i cant as yet find any competitors to take the shit away from the house;!!

Reply to
tony sayer

Of course disgruntled people will be more vocal than those who are happy with the service, but it's the "customer is never right" tone in their responses that worry me

Reply to
Andy Burns

Dunno really, a lot of them are because the customer hasn't read what's stated on their website like they don't cater for smart meters or prepayment ones. If you change the complaint level to 5 or full it gives a better picture.At least they do respond which I suppose must take up some time too!

Anyways we'll see!..

Reply to
tony sayer

replying to tony sayer, Just A Thought wrote: Take note of the negatives on Trustpilot and not the positive ratings. If you look at the positive ratings and the company responses to positive ratings you will see a distinct pattern which suggests they are all written by the same person. I complained to Trustpilot but to no avail. Tell me of any other company under review where the staff are always personally named. So the positive rate is hiked to attract more customers. They try to block customers leaving them and the "membership fee" is not regulated. The negative reviews on the company appear accurate therefore portray the company more accurately.

Reply to
Just A Thought

My energy bill is just under £400/year. I have no gas. I have an electric car so it covers some of the "petrol equivalent. Sunligh t covers the rest.

You need to get organised.

Reply to
harry

I'd rather live alongside a fast flowing stream which has reliable flow and with about a hundred foot drop to run a turbine.

Reply to
Cynic

In message , Cynic writes

Are you deaf?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

so that about 0.00001% of the population sorted

whereas solar works for 90% of the population

tim

Reply to
tim...

For

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

not at all helpful if you don't live next to the required river.

tim

Reply to
tim...

National Grid, anybody?

Reply to
charles

Needs to be a very big battery to store enough energy to maintain supply for a even a two or three day (ie short) "grey" period in the middle of winter. Also needs a big PV array just to replace what is used even on bright days.

Baseload of your average house 1 kW - 24 kWHr/day. 80% charge/discharge effciency - 30 kWhr input. In winter maybe 4 hours of charging at the PV arrays rated output on bright winters day - PV array needs to be at rated 7.5 kW just to break even.

Now about those grey winter days, say the PV array manages 25% of it's rated output for those 4 hours. PV array now required to be rated 30 kW to break even.

Battery capacity? 1 kW @ 12 V = 83 A. Hum, requires some hefty bits of copper... 1 kW @ 48 V = 20 A that's more manageable. So for each hour of supply you need 20 AHr of battery capacity or *at least* 500 AHr/day at 48 V. That gives us 20 x 12 V 100 AHr lead acid leisure batteries arranged in 4 banks of 5 and some devious means of ensuring even charge/discharge.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

yes

but the point of the original post was for a personal supply

Reply to
tim...

No. Solar works for 0% of the population...

...after dark.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All winter?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well FWIW we're now being supplied by them and thus far no problems expect cheaper power:)

And when it comes to renew we'll see who's offering what and then decide who the next supplier will be!.

Reply to
tony sayer

Thank you for your comment, I had signed up with them 48 hours before this thread appeared. Caused a bit of anxiety I can tell you.

Reply to
John Bryan

You have 14 days in which to change your mind.

Reply to
alan_m