Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

well that's new one on me

I see you're being childish again.

It's the same situation with free range eggs, the number sold exceeds the number produced by some margin.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

for 3 kWe

Less than a ton, 0.6 m long 0.2 m diameter

for 5kWe

Reply to
newshound

And no sheilding to speak of, sincve its designed for space operation :-)

Bugger that,. the answer is as I have always said a plutonium powered AGA.

serviced everyt 20 years when the output falls off.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , tim... scribeth thus

Well I've checked the best price we can get where we are for the amount we're using and they still come out better then the cheapest so we'll give them a go.

Dunno just how they get green electrons to whizz down the wires tho;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I just wonder if the membership fee could change during the contract. assuming a fixed tariff and a 12/18 month contract. This may be their way of raising the overall price without having to give the customer the option of changing the supplier without penalty.

Reply to
alan_m

Confusing terms and conditions: (What does it mean and which is accurate....it is confusing me anyway)

3.4 You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur no exit fees at any stage. 3.9 You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur a £50 exit fee per fuel if you choose to do so.
Reply to
alo

That's under the heading 'The Zapp! Tariff', which is a variable tariff.

That's under the heading 'Whack! January Tariff', which is a fixed-rate deal.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

They have 2 tariffs

One is the variable tariff with no exit fee the other is the fixed contract for 18 months which has an exit fee of £50 per fuel.

Their T&C are badly written.

3.1 Your contract will be for the Zapp! Tariff 3.6 Your contract will be for the Whack! January tariff in your region

The "fixed" price may alter as the membership fee seems to be a charge and not a tariff.

3.2 We may increase the charges you pay under your tariff by providing you with 30 days? advance notice. 3.7 Under the Whack! January tariff, the unit rate element is fixed. However, membership fee may still vary depending on usage and Outfox reserves the right to review and increase your charges under this where necessary.

When the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine they could cut you off.....

3.10 Please be aware that there will also be volume limits that will affect whether we can supply you.

They claim in their advertising no standing charges.

6.2. We?ll calculate the charges for your supply using: A standing charge, for each ?Meter Point Reference Number? (MPRN) or ?Meter Point Administration Number? (MPAN) registered to your property.

It's not clear that the amount they quote is inclusive of VAT.

6.4 We?ll add VAT to our charges at the applicable rate (currently 5% for energy usage, 20% for any other charges).

There are many more ambiguous terms and conditions which could mean that heads we win, tails you lose.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m expressed precisely :

As I understand it, if they change the contract, they have to give you prior warning and you can then leave without any penalty.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

So what happens if we *all* change to suppliers offering "100% renewable electricity"?

Reply to
Chris Green

"Eye tooth" is another word for canines, and we *do* have them.

Reply to
Chris Green

contract.

customer

It's a "membership fee". Is that actually part of the contract for electricity supply? You can join a club and pay a membership fee just to be a member. You then pay, under seperate agreements, for the benfits the club offers and you choose.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't know about them but I've just spent a torrid month trying to switch from Iresa, another energy minnow. It's currently under investigation by Ofgem for appalling customer service (I can vouch for that).

I'd take account of its reputation for customer service as well as the price.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

[Noted]

I just switched from E.On to Scottish Power. Completely painless and saved me £18/mth. It's the first time I've bothered, since the savings involved previously didn't seem worth the hassle.

Reply to
Huge

As a fellow Iresa customer, they also have an appalling inability to calculate a simple electricity bill. For instance they calculated my bill for the period 1st February to 26th of February, then again from the 1st of February to the 28th of February and then added the two figures together to calculate a charge for the month. I dare say we will resolve it in the end, even if it means taking them to court. But it probably means changing supplier first if only to avoid a constantly changing claim.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

A tip. If you're a dual-fuel customer make sure both electricity and gas accounts are in credit before you start. Although I had a single direct debit they apportioned its value to two accounts. Although in total I was well in credit the electricity "account" was in debit which led them to object to the transfer. I told them to move cash from the gas "account" which they (eventually) did making the electricity balance zero. However, their computer system, for some literally unaccountable reason, regards zero as a debt so they objected again. Even though I pointed out the problem they objected again. And again.

Eventually, after an actual letter and emails from the Resolver website, they let it through. I still await the final settlement, but at least they can't take any more money off me because I canceled the direct debit right at the start. We must be, after all this time, about quits.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Thanks for the tip. Fortunately, or for most purposes unfortunately, we don't have gas.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

In article , alo scribeth thus

Yes they do seem to be rather ambiguous;! But still if that are as cheap as they say they are, their quoted prices are VAT inclusive, and there aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews we'll have a punt on them!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Well at least we haven't got a smart meter!.

They seem to have a tie up with Dong Energy for north sea wind perhaps they buy from them and if they can't supply then they must go elsewhere?

I think thats them defining the line between Domestic and business?.

Well in a mail from them they say their prices are VAT inclusive.

Well energy charges are 5:% VAT but other charges can't think of any that their might be unless there in some way not energy related?.

I expect that Ofgem will see to those;!

Reply to
tony sayer

You haven't looked very hard if you think that ...

Reply to
Andy Burns