Electric car sales

Round here they've been installed on the edge of the pavement. But never outside the front of someone's house. Always at the end of a side street where the garden of the corner house on the other road runs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I drove my mates new Ghost about when he was abroad and I found it very impractical.

And because they tend to be owned by 'certain people', they are also often a target for attack.

Even if you park it at the back of the carpark, the chances are you will find a dent in it when you return.

Which is why harry never goes anywhere where he needs to stop in his. Maybe he just drives round to where their are no solar panel installations, waving his 'wad' at the locals (he thinks they will enjoy looking at their own money). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Quite. A Royce, since he was the engineer.

But Rolls is the common name with scrap dealers, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That may be a difference between a council (Wandsworth) that worries about people who don't want a charging point outside their house if they don't have an electric car and a council (Hackney) that doesn't.

Reply to
Robin

I regularly drive down a road where someone parks a Ford Galaxy on his front, it completely blocks the pavement (well maybe a foot less). Its made worse because he has a bay window where he puts it but he has space next to the bay too.

If I was still walking down there he might well have some scratches across the boot from my bag as I squeeze past.

Reply to
dennis

Maybe they know just how bad it is to keep a car in a garage?

Reply to
dennis

Just read a bit on my car club forum about a one owner car which had been stored in an integral garage for the past 30 odd years, after the owner had to stop driving. Very low mileage - but absolutely rotten.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Typical (of someone willing to obstruct the footpath etc).

Quite.

My point to 'highways' (or whoever it was) is that it seemed silly to set an arbitrary 'minimum length' as often cars were shorter than their minimum and it would be an offence to obstruct the pavement with something longer in any case?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Perhaps the petrol was bought from the chemist's, where it was sold as a remedy for head lice.

Reply to
Max Demian

rub 1t in and set fire to it?

Reply to