Electric car energy measurements.

Why are they reported in kWh and not MegaJoules? It pisses me off to an unreasonable degree.

Reply to
David Paste

The fact that someone who should be capable of coping with the difference between kWh and MegaJoules is whining about it is even more absurd.

Reply to
Richard

Off the top of your head, what's your fossil-fuelled car in MJ?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Exactly. Remind me, how many MPL does your car do? When did anyone last buy a gallon?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Mine gets about 0.06 mm^2.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Yes, I've always been tickled by that area being equivalent to a tiny scoop you'd need, if petrol was in a trough down the centre of the road, like water was for steam engines!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I get about 3 cubic lace holes per fortnight.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Presumably because, if you are charging one from the mains, you are paying for the electricity used per KWh consumed.

It pisses me off to an unreasonable degree.

Completely unreasonable IMO.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Yes and why don't electronic kitchen scales measure in centi-newtons rather than grammes? The gramme is a unit of mass; electronic scales measure weight, not mass.

And don't take one to the Moon. All your recipes will turn out wrong. You need a beam balance.

Reply to
Max Demian

The metric measure of fuel efficiency is litres per 100 km, so it works the opposite way round.

Reply to
Max Demian

That is simply perverse and belongs in foreign parts, not here. ;-). As we still have odometers calibrates in miles it would cause even more confusion.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That's fuel inefficiency, Shirley?

Reply to
Clive Arthur

It'll be fine. You just get a much bigger cake.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Hmmm...

Metric fuel consumption is measured in the number of litres required to do 100km, not kilometres (or miles) per litre.

Reply to
JNugent

How about 'hours to recharge'?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Not if you count the eggs. And some ingredients are measured by volume.

Reply to
Max Demian

I wish it was possible to increase the mass of an object without increasing it's weight. So many things could be lighter.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Removing the incorrectly inserted apostrophe in your sentence above will make it lighter.

HINT: "it's" is short for "it is" or perhaps "it has". This is always true.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Because that?s not a constant. Depends on the supply.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

9L is 2gallons. So when buying fuel I often buy multiples of 9L to make the L to gallons conversion simple. Divide L by 9 then by 2 to gallons. Then mpg is easier to calculate. Then I press a button on the info screen and see what the car thinks and I can compare the two.
Reply to
mm0fmf