Elec Car, BBC v Tesla

You haven't been around very long then, or if you have granddad, you didn't learn very much on the way.

Oh dear, do your homework before engaging fingers on keys.

Driven through ? You don't understand that?

No, a lovely cool pint of London Pride. :-) Don

Reply to
Donwill

Anyone who has a Prius is demonstrating they know exactly (0) about fuel efficiency and impact upon the environment. Anyone who uses a Prius for long trips needs a short trip to Mr Reality check. It's exactly the sort of driving that is pointless in any hybrid.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There is no similarity between them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Issigonis one, yes. Although it was intended to have a flat four OHV.

The pre-war MM did indeed have an OHC engine - driven via the dynamo. And that engine in different forms held many world speed records....

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you believe that they can't be placed in parallel for double the capacity?

And errm, do you believe that doubling the capacity somehow does not double the dead weight to be lugged around?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I am amazed at some of the things I did when I was a lot younger. I wouldn't do them now.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Unless you leavem there's a very good chance thay'll take you down with them.

Reply to
John Williamson

Quick, onto that spaceship, there's a giant mutant star goat heading this way,

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

I remember those. One of my school friends had one. I caught him once on a long hill; We soon worked out that the best strategy was that he'd slipstream me uphill, and I'd slipstream him downhill.

The Quickly was much heavier than my pushbike, and far worse at climbing

- but faster on the flat and downhill.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Weight of a smallish child.

Main driver for fuel efficiency round here is the hills (North Downs). I've optimised my routes in and out of Canterbury and Ashford to reduce the hill effect. Normal monthly mpg is around 45. But on a trip to Liverpool some months ago I got 60.

If I only need to fill up every five weeks, then I avoid adding extra miles to/from the petrol station. Nearest one is 4 miles at Morrison,s so we fill up on a shopping trip there.

Hmm, I walked or rode my bike.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have spent 8 hours out of 24 in a traffic jam on the M25 (two different journeys!)

Reply to
John Rumm

That is a bit harsh. Camping Gaz and Calor Gas cylinders are not interchangeable without an adaptor but at a distance of anything above about 100 yards it is hard to distinguish them apart without a pair of binoculars. ;-)

Reply to
Roger Chapman

It was also intended to be about 4 inches narrower.

OHC - driven via the dynamo.

ISTR an engine with the waterpump on the end of the dynamo shaft but given my memory that possibly could have been the MM.

And I think you will find that the bean counters at Morris substituted a cheaper SV for the original OHC before the end of that model run.

snip

Reply to
Roger Chapman

On 25/04/2011 20:49, John Rumm wrote: ...

GPS that listens to the radio traffic news is a marvellous thing.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

TNP can't have seen a power steering pump hung off the end of a dynamo either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They did - and called it the Morris 8. The first 100 gbp car? Perhaps cost was more important than technology.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Some of us already are.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Istr there was mention of horticulture.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Alan writes

Correction - Red Bull/Renault cannot get KERs systems to work reliably, largely because Newey will not compromise at all on the Red Bull aerodynamics.

Reply to
hugh

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Electric motorcycle racing's been around for years now.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon