blade bolt on lawnmower, which way to turn?

I've just acquired a McCulloch (ML433r) Petrol lawnmower and trying to remove the blade to sharpen it. Its quite rusty down there and I'm not sure which way the bolt goes to remove it! Turning the lawnmower upside down it looks like the blade rotates anti-clockwise so would it be logical for the bolt to turn anti-clockwise as well to slacken it off?
Cheers

I think you are right - I am sure my flymo the bolt tightens clockwise. The blade normally has some keying into the mounting below. It should not be too tight!
--
John Alexander, <><

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
writes

Cheers John.
Yes it was indeed anti-clockwise to slacken it. It came free after a good squirt of Wd40 ;o)