Lawnmower Blade Bolt: Counter Or Revers Threaded ?

Hello,

Forgot to ask previously.

Is the Bolt that holds the blade on typically counter, or reverse threaded ?

Have a several year old Toro Single Blade 22" walk behind lawnmower Model 20005 (GTS Recycler):

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

No.

Reply to
hubops

No, but they are usually very tight, requiring a breaker bar, or impact wrench, to remove. Some WD-40 or PB Blaster helps also.

Reply to
Retired

+1 on that. I bought a Harbor Freight electric impact wrench for a specific job involving motorcycle forks but it's saved the day a couple of times. The nice thing about an impact wrench is you don't have to figure out some way to hold the blade to keep the engine from turning.

You definitely don't want to crank up the engine while you're trying to get the bolt out. Personally I think that's very unlikely but given enough monkeys and enough rotary lawnmowers...

Reply to
rbowman

I've never seen one that was reverse threaded.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

You could disconnect the spark plug.