Performance power compound mitre say (B&Q) Blade?

Anyone got one of these and have instruction for changing the blade. It took me over an hour to change mine with all the fiddling so I am sure there must be an easier way.

I tried googlong but to no avail.

Reply to
ss

I've got one but can only assume it is a different model as it took all of two minutes to change mine.

It was simply a case of unscrewing the guard, locking the blade in position with the metal lever on the motor and removing the left-handed bolt securing the blade. Refitting is just the reversal.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

This one I had to undo 2 screws that are part of the guard mechanism BUT one of them has a security head (bolt & nut) which didnt make sense but I did get it off eventually then I found it easier to take off the two screws that hold the lever mechanism for the guard and then the bolt for the blade. The episode was cumbersome which made me question if I was missing something obvious. I have changed various blades on circular saws/angle grinders etc so not new territory to me.

Reply to
ss

I suspect that if it has a security head this is a strong hint that you don't need to remove it to change the blade.

I have a Macallister branded B&Q special which has a similar arrangement.

Take the big screw out of the long notch in the slidey metal arm which works the safety cover.

Move the cover out of the way.

Take out the screw which holds one end of the semi-circular black plate covering the centre of the blade - the plate has a notch to allow you to just ease the screw and slide the plate down, but I've never managed to get the plate to slide back in with the screw and washer still fitted.

You can now get at the central bolt, and if you jam the blade (it may have a hole to take a nail or similar) you can undo the bolt, remove and replace blade, refit bolt.

Then all you have to do is reverse the order of dis-assembly of the cover.

Hah!

I always struggle to get the plate and the plastic safety cover into the correct alignment to allow the cover to be slid back into place.

However a frustrating 5 minutes is usually enough.

Then just replace the bolt in the long slot of the safety cover arm.

Even doing this seems wrong - I feel that you should just be able to release the safety plate screw, swing the cover out of the way, fettle the bolt, and then reverse the process.

However the plastic safety cover may prevent you from getting the blade in and out unless disconnected from its metal arm.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Thanks Dave that done the trick. I did a trial run and got into the blade within 5 minutes "Take the big screw out of the long notch in the slidey metal arm" was the bit I missed that made it so awkward.

Reply to
ss

replying to ss, David wrote: Does the boy unscrew clockwise or anticlockwise

Reply to
David

If its Owen Jones, always screws to the Left.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher