Dyson vacuum cleaners

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

"Perfection is attained when there is nothing left to add and nothing left to take away".

attrib. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, IIRC.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They are usually washable these days - even for the DC01

Reply to
John Rumm

I was thinking that improvements would follow the law of diminishing returns; surely by the 14th version they should have ironed-out any big problems and any further improvements would be cosmetic or not as significant?

Reply to
Fred

Dysons cant be improved.

You cant polish a turd.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Andy Champ

You cant polish a NEW turd.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Fred writes

Yes, certainly cosmetic. The point is fashion. Dyson sell their cleaners as fashion items, and the lady of the house has to have the latest and greatest.

Point in fact: take a look at the Dyson DC-01 de Stijl.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Hi,

Further to my earlier posts, I have been looking at that auction site and see a number of refurbed dc04s and dc07s for sale. Andrew Gabriel has recommended the DC04 above and it is much cheaper than the 07. What are the differences between the 04 and 07, anything worth paying extra for the 07?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

DC07 has a wider hose (which might be good for chunks which can break off when plaster chasing), and considerably more powerful suck. Actually, the suck is strong enough to make extending the concertina hose noticably harder.

I use the DC07 mainly for house cleaning, although I used it once with the plaster chaser when the DC04 was elsewhere. Probably had it for over 6 years, but the foam filter has never needed washing.

There are lots of usability improvements from DC04 to DC07 related to routine use around the house, but not so relevant to DIY, so depends what you want to use it for.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks. So you've sold me the dc07 for DIY use, can you tell me more about the home use improvements you mentioned? TIA

Reply to
Fred