Dusk to Dawn floodlights - ARW maybe has the answer (2023 Update)

Shelly relays are independent of both. Just a phone app to program them.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Maybe it is time it was given how much better it would be for that light.

Reply to
chop

How does it know when the curtains have completed their open or closing sequence ?.

My old Swish Autoglide motor+track has a 24V DC motor and the control unit simply detects the stall current when the curtains are fully opened or closed.

Reply to
Andrew

On the right night I can see a glow in the distance which is the lights of the nearby city.

It's antisocial. Even if only to astronomers. And those who care about using 20W 12 hours a day.

When the cameras show the lights coming on what do you see?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

that's kinda the point of PIRs.

Reply to
Animal

In the right circumstances , yes - but not when you need a constant light level for steady illumination.

Reply to
Bev

look up Hikvision Colorvu cameras, they actually can produce full colour pictures during the night without needing any floodlights.....

Reply to
SH

Strange how their advertising shows their colour night vision in a fully lit car park !

Reply to
alan_m

?? The whole point of PIRs is they come on briefly. That's what they do. What tard criticises them as not suited to use as constant lighting.

Reply to
Animal

How do they go doing car number plates at night ?

Reply to
chop

"even down to 0.0005 lux – that’s the same lighting as a moonless, starlit night."

Now, that is shooting video.

The camera here is doing astrophotography, with exposures of 20 seconds for some of the pictures. And the pictures look pretty good. There is probably a bit of a difference in sensor noise between the two. My experience with those lux numbers, is if you gather images at that level, the sensor noise is normally pretty bad.

Paul

Reply to
Paul