PIR/Dusk Dawn/Dimmer

Following on from my previous Q. a month or 2 ago on the subjest matter, the plaster board is going up on walls and ceilings so I've been frantically throwing in cables and sinking boxes into walls...

Whilst cutting a couple of soffit downlighters in yesterday I had an idea... Original plan was a 2 way switch with "on" being outside lights on a dusk/dawn sensor and "off" being outside lights on PIR so I ran a 3C+E (just in case) from wall switch position to a fan isolator in order to kill the circuit(s) completely then had a thought that I could run the dusk/dawn live from wall switch through a dimmer before going into the isolator>dusk/dawn thereby being able to have the dusk/dawn switch position on a more pleasing-to-the-eye dimmed output whilst in PIR mode (when 'er or Son switch the lights "off") the lights would be come on at full power for finding my keys or illuminating PokemonGo zombies as they walk onto our drive.

Bulbs being fitted are dimmable 5w GU10's

Any reason why this new plan shouldn't work apart from bulb/dimmer issues? and any suggestions for dimmer that might serve my needs? (around 50w worth of GU10 LED)

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk