Lighting query PIR/Dusk-Dawn

To prevent other members in the house from switching off the outside lights before I get home on late nights after the street lights have gone off I've had an idea to use one gang of a 2G 2W switch by the new front door to switch not on/off but to switch Line to run either through dusk/dawn sensor OR external PIR so splitting the switched L (from a switch in the garage) then joining them back together and running to the light.

This would mean the lights can be left on for the welcoming "outside lights on in the winter" or PIR when the rest of the family go to bed and switch everything off as they like to do but actually switching to PIR mode for security and safety when I'm trying to find the front door.

Any pitfalls I've overlooked?

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk