Operating instructions for Dusk 'Til Dawn timer DDT-MP

Bit of a long shot this but perhaps someone can help.

I've got about 6 security timer plugs that are designed to switch an appliance on at random intervals during nighttime. The device has a dial marked in periods of hours from 2 to 12, a sensitivity dial, and an On/Off switch marked RANDOM.

The idea is that you set it to, say, 10 hours, and during a 10 hour period of darkness it switches a light on and off at random times. The trouble is, they no longer seem to be working. Since all 6 seem to be acting up, I suspect it's operator error, but the instructions are long gone and I can't work out why they should be temperamental. If set to ON, the light comes on, so the fundamentals seem ok.

My guess is that it's to do with the sensitivity dial. And how the device perceives itself as being 'reset' to restart a cycle. But in different parts of the house, in different ambient light, I have never yet see one of the buggers switch something on.

I don't suppose anyone has one of those or has the instructions kicking around? I've searched the web for the part number with no luck.

Dougie

Reply to
Dougie Nisbet