gaggenau wall ovens how to use

I purchased a pair of older gaggenau wall ovens but I don't have the user manual.

this is the model with the two knobs on the right (one for temperature, one for mode setting) and about 5 buttons over on the right.

Can anyone tell me the basics of how this thing is supposed to work? like what the various buttons on the right do?

they are labelled: Timer

- a stock pot with stripey bits on top

- a stock pot with "STOP" on top

- a Hand symbol and one knob that turns (this appears to set the time.)

can anyone shed any light

Oh and in the middle there are two lights: one is a wave symbol (which I presume is Heat) and the other is an inverted arrow head (which I think might be the preheating indicator)

thanks

Peter

Reply to
pstock

Abe

Thanks. They don't have the actual manual for this older unit with analog controls but I left a message requesting one and we'll see what they come up with. In the meanwhile it appears that their basic models and functions haven't changed much over the past decade or so and so I have downloaded the manual of the current model that appears the closest match. The cooking instructions are pertinent but the controls (being digital) are different.

But by trial and error I am getting there. slowly. (who would have guessed for instance that to set the time you hold down all three LH buttons simultaneously?)

So, the only real mysteries remaining are:

- how does the self cleaning function work on this unit (apparently that "hand" symbol switch is actually a "flame" and has to do with self cleaning.)

- what the "R" setting stands for at the high end of the temperature dial.

- what the "sun" symbol stands for at the low end of the temperature dial (probably means "light > >I purchased a pair of older gaggenau wall ovens but I don't have the

Reply to
pstock