Dulux Weathershield UPVC

I need to paint the wooden door frame of my garage and obviously want to do it as cheaply as possible.

I have seen some paint called "Dulux weathershield for UPVC". As it is very cheap I'm considering using it.

Has anyone used this before? Does it stick to existing gloss paint? If so, how well?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Um. Wouldn't paint for wood be better?

I've used Dulux Weathershield wooden solutions and like them a lot, although it is a shame they don't have a water based undercoat. The undercoat is solvent based, but is still acrylic.

The top coat is available in solvent gloss and acrylic water satin. They'll even mix up colours for you. About half the full emulsion range is available.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Possibly better, but not as cheap. I have found somewhere with the Weathershield UPVC paint for £2.50 per can. Hence, I'd like to use it if possible.

I'm only painting the woodwork on a garage so finish isn't too important. What I need to know is whether this paint will stick to the existing oil based gloss.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

You can phone Dulux technical services (although they are fairl useless as tech services go) and ask about adhesion. I would opt fo the "professional user" advice line. Tell them you are doing both PVC and prepainted timber and can you use the same paint for both and as for a specification. Cait

P.S. How do I get rid of the box and post like everyone else??

-- cait

Reply to
cait

Use a proper newsreader like Thunderbird and a Usenet (NNTP) service from your ISP, instead of a third-party web-based interface. This is news:uk.d-i-y newsgroup not a web forum.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Christian McArdle writes

They seem to do two sorts of undercoat. A 'Trade' one which is solvent based, and claims an 8 year life (or the system) and a 'consumer' one which IIRC was water based. I can't check 'cos I got rid of all my old paint in the move.

Reply to
chris French