"Drywall"

You omitted *totally unsuited to task*.

Reply to
Xeno

Drywall is a panel made of gypsum plaster pressed between two thick sheets of paper. It is used to make interior walls and ceilings. Drywall construction became prevalent as a speedier alternative to traditional lath and plaster.

Sheetrock is a trademark for drywall made by the US Gypsum company

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Don't be absurd, an American cannot possibly run.

Especially a pig.

Commander Kinsey

I prefer to get what I ask for, not something that's traditional. Would you buy a traditional cuckoo clock that couldn't keep the correct time?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There's a the problem, it's not dryWALL if it's on the ceiling!

But nothing like as good as wood.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've managed to never do so, maybe you should be more careful?

Only house fires I know of are:

My friend when I was at school set fire to a chip pan by forgetting it as on, and simply carried it outside.

My neighbour's roof caught fire because the incoming electricity feed (going into the attic!) came loose from it's mounting and shorted. 6 months after I had warned him it was loose and he said "not my problem, it's up to the electricity board". He lost his whole roof, including many family photos stored up there, and had builders repairing it on the insurance for a couple of months, while he rented another place, also at their expense. I was astonished that the fire service had no ability to turn off the power, and also wouldn't use their hoses without turning it off (they could have just earthed them). 30 minutes was wasted waiting in the middle of the night for the electricity board to come out and turn it off. Not sure who ended up paying. He claimed everything from the insurance, but if I was the insurance company, the electric board and the fire service would have been in big trouble.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And fire :-)

Reply to
Andrew

We have Pink stuff in the UK. Reinforced with glassfibre and

15mm thick to give 1 hour fire resistance (until sometime later a thicko tradesman or his apprentice makes holes in it to run in some new water pipes or cables and doesn't reseal the holes).
Reply to
Andrew

Unlike most people I look before crossing. I do love scaring pedestrians who seem to think they have right of way. I do not have to stop by law unless they are already on it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Glass fibre is the devil's work, gets in your skin and lungs, should be banned like asbestos.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Your problem, as I see it, is that you don't know what to ask for.

Reply to
Xeno

I think it's because of my age, many years of *experience*.

Reply to
Xeno

Ours lie.

Reply to
Peter Moylan

This is common in India. Quite openly, outdoors, with croc clips on the wires coming into the building.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey