drywall to wood transition

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? By that I mean when drywall finishes/ends at a wood beam for instance so that you have ehhh I'll have to go with a picture this is too complicated to describe

Bad drywalling aside, where drywall ends and wood begins how is it normally transitioned? I'm thinking corner trim moulding, but are there other alternatives?

Reply to
Eigenvector

Plastic "J" bead is commonly used as a finish cap on a drywall edge, be it exposed or butted against another material. It's paintable to match the drywall.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Oh you mean an endcap that goes over the drywall. I hadn't thought of that.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Google "drywall beads". You'll find all sorts of varieties for different applications.

RicodJour

| > What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? | | Google "drywall beads". You'll find all sorts of varieties for | different applications. | | R |

what ...............no link what the heck Retardo you must be slippin why answer with the obvious search term? it is senseless.................just like you.

to the OP j-bead is what you want

3G

Yeah the more I think about it the more obvious that solution becomes. Basically its an end cap for the drywall sheet to prevent the drywall from crumbling with age or absorbing water from the air. It's actually even nicer because it helps hold the drywall together when you have to put screws into it close to the edge. Normally that isn't a problem when you have two sheets butted up against each other, the tape and the mud will keep it intact. But on the outside edge you don't have anything to keep it from pushing out/buckling under the screw. The J channel would give it some structure and keep the drywall protected.

Reply to
Eigenvector