Doorway transition moulding

I have laminate flooring that meets tile flooring in a doorway. I need to create my own moulding for the seam. What is a good wood that is 1) durable, 2) can be routed (router) and 3) stained (for Marbau).

The flooring color is Marbau. What stain would be best with what wood? I have not seen Marbau in Home Depot.

Reply to
dan

on 10/12/2007 10:21 AM dan said the following:

Looks kinda like a red maple color. But a monitor color is not a good comparison.

**Check over at rec.woodworking for more suggestions.

Reply to
willshak

Threshhold? Any decent hardwood, oak or ash come to mind, Southern yellow pine is what was original to my 100yr old house fwiw. Birch or Maple will also work if you need a very light color, never having heard of Marbau.

Reply to
beecrofter

Marbau is the color.

Reply to