Door transition moulding

I have laminate flooring that meets tile flooring in a doorway. I need to create my own moulding for the seam. What is a good wood that is 1) durable, 2) can be routed (router) and 3) stained (for Marbau).

The flooring color is Marbau. What stain would be best with what wood? I have not seen Marbau in Home Depot.

Reply to
dan

Don't have a clue about color, but white oak makes some pretty good moulding and is easily worked.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Maple machines well and wears well, but may be a problem coloring to match the flooring. You could try to match to the tiles instead.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

Enough merbau to make such a molding should cost under 30 bucks (assuming that it's actually a _door_ and not a 100 foot wide archway or something), it machines well, stains well, should be as durable as the rest of the floor, and the grain will match as well.

is one source. Checking
may find some locally. If there's a Lumber Liquidators nearby might be worth giving them a call.

Reply to
J. Clarke