Caulk on Brick

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

Reply to
David DeBoer

You can try heating it with a torch, not too much, just enough to soften it. Then take it off with a wire brush.

Reply to
Mikepier

How extensive? All around windows/doors, or a splatter here and there?

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
David DeBoer

It will come off but will require some elbow work.

Reply to
Meat Plow

A pressure washer with a turbo nozzle should do it

Reply to
shaire

The thicker portions may pull of like a length of rope. I dealt with the problem around wood windows with limestone siding. I didn't contemplate trying to remove it from the limestone, as it was too rough, irregular and tough work. I cut back as well as I could and put new caulk and paint out to edge of the old to clean up appearance-wise. If the brick is smoothe enough, it might turn out well enough if you cut back, with sharp scraper or razor, to level it out.

Reply to
Norminn

DAP® CAULK-BE-GONE® Caulk Remover . *

I've used it in around bathrooms. Apply and allow to set (not as long directions say) and remove.

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren