DPD vs UPS

ordered three items yesterday, hoping they'd arrive thurs/fri, got two notifications that items will delivering on weds,
DPD one click to say please delay, another to pick thursday, job done
UPS, click tracking link, but all it allows is for it to be diverted to a pickup point, no option to delay, ask their "virtual assistant" which says I need to sign up for "UPS my choice", sign your life away, wait for email, click to verify, and give them your inside leg measurement, login, tracking doesn't give any more options, easiest is just to let them fail to deliver it tomorrow then enter the card number and re-schedule delivery ... their fucking loss, morons!

I went off UPS in a big way when CPC started using them for their free delivery.
On several occasions they shoved cards through the door when I was in - without ringing the bell. And I had to go miles to collect.
I'd guess they were the cheapest. Not good value for CPC if I go elsewhere, though. But that was some time ago. Last time I used CPC, it came by RM.
--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 11:04:18 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

They send via RM if it's small and if you don't request next day delivery.
To guarantee UPS, include a lithium coin cell in the order...
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 11:04:18 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Crap driver and you live in an urban area...
If I'm not quick to answer the door ours will have left the package by the door and be half way back to his van. I say "our" as the UPS driver has been the same bloke for years.
Some even use common sense. If there are no cars outside they hide the package rather than just leave it by the door.

Varies depending on size an value of order or if it has something "hazardous" like a lithium coin cell. Only small, low value stuff comes by RM. Which isn't a problem either as the RM 48 tracked often arrives in 24.
--
Cheers
Dave.

I was at someone's house last week and returning as they were from a fortnight's holiday, they had a postcard from a courier saying "package in Green[1] Bin". It's a lottery whether the householder or the bin men get to something like that first.
[1] Where they live that's the mixed recycling, round here it would be blue, other places brown <sigh>.
--
Roland Perry

Dave Plowman wrote:

Well UPS left the package with the neighbours
Amazon emailed this morning to say they were going to deliver today instead of tomorrow, their website also has no option to delay just to leave it in a "safe" place, which I didn't tick, but they placed it over next door's fence anyway.
So only DPD gave me the choice to have it delivered on a day to suit me.

This one didn't even bother trying a neighbour. I'll concede it may have been just the individual driver. But happened several times. Not had it with any other service.
--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *